Citibank, Wells Fargo, Chase… Watch Out for Fake Bank Text Messages — Phishing & Zelle Scams
We think that our trusted Banks can protect our money all the time. But somewhere in between scammers manage to trick us that there are safety issues with our accounts and we need to act fast to fix them by clicking the link in the text scam! Don’t fall for this!
Recently the Trend Micro Check Team detected a lot of fake “security alerts” from well-known banks, including Citibank, Citizens Bank, Wells Fargo, and Chase.
- [Notice]: Your CITI debit has been blocked due to unusual activities.Confirm your details at <URL>
- Citibank: We detected unusual activity in your account. please follow this link <URL> to verify your identity.
- Citizens Bank: We have temporarily locked your Citizens Card due to unauthorized transactions. To unlock, verify now – <URL>
- Important Notice From WELLS FARGO! We detected a login from a new device! If this was you, Kindly disregard this sms.If not click <URL> to secure now!.B
- Citi: Your $2,100.00 payment to Monteral Macon using Zelle® is being processed. Visit <URL> to verify or cancel payments anytime.
- FRM: ChaseBanking-ALERT-18005 SUBJ:Contact:606-887-NUMBER To Confirm Or Can MSG: oxxx-Did you just Zelle $512.68 To Mark J.
Contact your local Police Department, and your financial institute immediately.