Veteran News – Warrior Rising Program Veterans’ for Veterans’
Are you a Veteran with aspirations of entrepreneurship and business ownership? Do you need guidance to help you put your idea into action?
Warrior Rising is positioned to help you. A non-profit organization launched by Veterans for Veterans in 2015, Warrior Rising is dedicated to transforming Veterans into “Vetrepreneurs,” providing them opportunities to create sustainable businesses, perpetuate the hiring of fellow American Veterans, and earning their future.
Warrior Rising’s next online course starts Nov. 1. This free Service-Disabled Veteran Entrepreneurs (SDVET) program includes eight weeks of web-based instruction with meetings every two weeks. Course materials and other video instruction will be provided.
Apply no later than midnight (E.S.T) on Oct. 31, 2022 at Warrior Rising SDVET Program Registration
- Introduction and overview of starting a business, as well as advantages to purchasing an existing business or starting a franchise.
- Meetings at 7 p.m. ET on Nov. 1, Nov. 15, Nov. 29, Dec. 13.
- Identifying opportunities in business.
- Understanding markets and competitive space.
- Building your economic model.
- Legal entity structuring and insurance.
- Financing options (including latest in capital agreements, ex “SAFE” agreements).
- Business plan creation.
- Available resources and VOSBs.
- Virtual-live sessions will be held via Zoom (link to be provided to you by email within 2-3 business days of registration—please check your spam folder).
The course is offered by Warrior Rising as part of its SDVET Program, sponsored by the U.S. Small Business Administration and is free to all verified service-disabled Veterans (including Guard or Reserve). Attendees may be located anywhere throughout the U.S.
For verification, a DD-214 is preferred (please blackline your SSN), or other VA-issued ID. Class attendees must also provide documentation from VA showing disability. Interested Veterans must be pursuing a career as an entrepreneur/business owner at the concept or early stage of business development.
Warrior Rising is a 501c3 non-profit comprised of Veterans, and it offers free entrepreneurship training to current and former military service members. Visit Warrior Rising for more information or contact it at programming@WarriorRising.org.
The sharing of any non-VA information does not constitute an endorsement of products and services on the part of VA. Veterans should verify the information with the organization offering.