Be aware of the latest scam activity.
A scammer can contact you requesting payment through a wire transfer or transfer via “Zelle”.
These methods allow money to be sent quickly, and the funds are often hard to trace and recover.
You Should Never Wire Money or Send Money using ZELLE to:
- Anyone who claims to be from a government agency
- Any stranger, no matter what reason they give
- A telemarketer trying to sell you something
- Anyone claiming your account is compromised
- Unauthorized, unverified cryptocurrency sites or salespeople
- Anyone asking you to send money to yourself
Scammers are using Zelle as the source for payments
If you get a suspicious call, email, or text don’t disclose any personal information until you verify it’s from a legitimate source. Call the company yourself. Change your passwords and user ID for your account/accounts immediately.