Western Montana Area VI Agency on Aging Polson, MT, USA
- Employment Type
- Benefits Offered
Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
Join our team and you can make a meaningful difference in the lives of seniors, disabled. and veterans in your community.
Position: Lead Accountant
Hours: Part-Time/Full-Time: Willing to adjust hours up to full-time as workloads can be adjusted.
Full Medical Benefits offered at 24 hours. Retirement benefits offered at six months with zero match and no vesting period requirement.
Closing Date: Until filled
Email Resume with Cover Letter to email@example.com
Location: Western Montana Area VI Agency on Aging, Inc. is a private non-profit corporation headquartered in Polson, Montana.
The Area VI Agency on Aging plans, provides and contracts for services to older Americans, persons with disabilities and veterans within the planning and service area including the Counties of Lake, Lincoln, Mineral, Sanders, and the Flathead Reservation. Some aspects of this position may require travel, per diem and mileage is paid.
Western Montana Aging Services is seeking a dedicated and skilled Lead Accountant to join our team. The Lead Accountant will play a pivotal role in ensuring the financial stability and success of our organization. This role will encompass various accounting tasks, including budgeting, financial reporting, auditing, payroll, and overseeing the financial health of our programs.
Application: Complete and upload/return application and a resume with cover letter to the local Job Service or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Manage and maintain the organization’s financial records, ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Develop and oversee annual budgets, working closely with program managers to ensure alignment with organizational goals.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, variance reports, and forecasts to guide decision-making.
- Perform regular internal audits and collaborate with external auditors for the annual audit.
- Monitor and manage cash flow, investments, and grant compliance.
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Lead and mentor a small team of accounting staff, fostering a collaborative and productive work environment.
- Stay current on financial regulations and accounting best practices to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
- Participate in strategic planning to support the organization’s mission and growth.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, years of experience in Nonprofit accounting may be considered.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and team management experience.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, non-profit environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting experience, including financial analysis and budget management.
- Fiscal management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Payroll management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of Excel., proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in MIP or similar Accounting Software – Fund Accounting (Preferred)
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance (paid 100% employer)
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
We are providing a part-time to full-time position with flexible hours and full medical benefits 100% paid for by the employer at 24-plus hours per week. We observe the legal holidays of the State of Montana. We also provide sick leave and vacation.
Western Montana Aging Services is proud to be a part of a compassionate community dedicated to serving seniors. Join our team and contribute to our mission of making a difference in the lives of older adults in Western Montana.
About Western Montana Area VI Agency on Aging:
The Western Montana Area VI Agency on Aging, also known as Western Montana Aging Services (WMAS) is a nonprofit organization serving and supporting older adults, people with disabilities, veterans and their families in four counties in Western Montana, WMAS also operates the Veteran Directed Care Program in North Idaho and Eastern Washington. WMAS aims to enhance the quality of life, well-being, and independence of its clients by offering a range of programs and resources, such as:
Information and Assistance: Providing information about available resources, services, and programs for seniors, as well as assisting them in accessing these services.
State Health Insurance Assistance Program: SHIP counselors are professionals who provide assistance and information to individuals regarding their health insurance options, particularly with regard to Medicare, a federal health insurance program for people aged 65 and older, and certain younger individuals with disabilities.
Health and Wellness Services: Promoting the physical and mental health of seniors through health assessments, exercise programs, and educational workshops.
Caregiver Support: Providing support and resources for family caregivers who are taking care of older relatives.
Resource and Referral: Providing support and resources/referrals to other programs and resources in the community.
Legal and Financial Assistance: Offering guidance on legal and financial issues relevant to older adults, such as estate planning, benefits, and more.
Community Engagement: Encouraging older adults to stay active and engaged in their communities through social activities and volunteering opportunities.
Long-Term Care Planning: Helping seniors and their families make informed decisions about long-term care, including nursing homes and home care services.
Advocacy: Representing the interests of seniors in the community and advocating for policies and programs that benefit older adults.
Elder Abuse Prevention: Raising awareness of and addressing elder abuse and neglect.