Benefits Enrollment and Medicare Specialist
Western Montana Area VI Agency on Aging Sanders County, MT, USA
- Employment Type
- Benefits Offered
Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
Join our team and you can make a meaningful difference in the lives of seniors, disabled. and veterans in your community.
We are seeking a Benefits Enrollment and Medicare Specialist to become an integral part of our team! You will take charge of implementing the vision, mission, and core values of our agency.
This position is part -time 24 hours per week and includes medical benefits package, life insurance, Medicare supplement premium reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, sick and vacation leave. Retirement Benefits after six months with zero match or vesting period.
Please upload current Resume and Cover Letter or email: DebbieC@area6aging.org
- Develop a full understanding of the following programs: Information & Assistance Program, State Health Insurance Assistance Program, State Medicare Patrol and other programs operated or funded by the agency.
- Conduct in-depth consultations with clients to assess their needs and eligibility for Medicare Enrollment and various government assistance programs.
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information about available benefits and eligibility criteria.
- Assist clients with the enrollment process, including completing application forms and gathering necessary documentation.
- Navigate and interpret complex government agency websites and systems to ensure successful applications.
- Maintain detailed records of client interactions and program enrollments.
- Stay informed about changes in government policies and programs to provide clients with the most current information.
- Collaborate with other team members and agencies to streamline the benefits enrollment process for clients.
- Will attend next available state training for State Health Insurance Assistance Program and Information & Assistance (may be available online) to become a certified I&A/SHIP Technician.
- Uphold the highest standards of client confidentiality and data security.
- Present workshops to community organizations, businesses, and civic groups on senior services as opportunities arise. Website /YouTube presentations.
- Basic Computer Proficiency to navigate various government website platforms, database systems, Microsoft 365, Internet /search engines and email etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build trust and rapport with elderly and disabled clients.
- Knowledge of local resources and government assistance programs, including Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, is preferred but not required.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment working independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and comfortable presenting to groups and individuals.
- Empathetic and compassionate approach to working with clients in need.
- Proficiency in computer applications and the ability to navigate online systems.
- Reliable vehicle for travel, Montana Driver’s License, proof of insurance and a good driving record.