How To Make Good Oatmeal Using Steel Cut Oats
Steel cut oats is a super healthy way to start your day and after testing so many different flavor profiles, I found one that I love. Here is how to make good oatmeal that doesn’t suck using steel cut oats!
How to make good oatmeal? Start by adding steel cut oats, peanut butter, almond milk, and hemp hearts! This bowl of oatmeal becomes a protein-packed breakfast that’s great to eat before or after a workout or before a long day of work or school!
INGREDIENTS FOR GOOD OATMEAL
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 4 cups of water
- ½ banana, sliced
- ¼ cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp natural, crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk (amount desired)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts of choice
Optional additions: cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for a fall-inspired touch
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO MAKE GOOD OATMEAL
- Pour the oats and water in a medium saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until they are soft.
- Pour cooked oats into a bowl and arrange all of your toppings on top.
- Top with almond milk, if desired.
- Start your day with energy!