Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Make this Jell-O Divinity and watch it disappear! Choose a different Jell-O flavor for a new divinity flavor!
2 large egg whites
3 cups Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 package (3 oz.) any flavor Jell-O gelatin
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place egg white in the bowl of a stand mixer and let them stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line three 15x10x1-inch baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and corn syrup, Stir. Bring the mixture to a boil. Continue to cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 250°F (hard-ball stage).
- Shortly before the temperature is reached, beat egg whites until they are foamy. Gradually beat in the Jell-O gelatin and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. With the mixer running at high speed, carefully pour the hot syrup in a slow, steady stream into the bowl. Beat just until the candy loses its gloss and it holds its shape, about 5-7 minutes. Immediately mix in the walnuts.
- Working quickly, drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared pans. Let the candy stand at room temperature overnight or until it is dry to the touch.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- It is recommended to test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil. The thermometer should read 212°F. Adjust the recipe temperature up or down based on your test.