From Lake County Public Health
• As of 07/27/2022, 750 doses of Jynneos have been allocated to Montana, 390 of which are currently accessible.
o An additional 180 of doses will be available Aug 15th
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP):
• Adults 18 years* and older who have had exposure to individuals with confirmed orthopoxvirus/monkeypox virus infection.
Post-exposure prophylaxis ++ (PEP++):
• Adults 18 years* and older who have had multiple sexual partners in the past 14 days in a jurisdiction with known monkeypox
• This may include:
o Known contacts who are identified by public health via case investigation, contact tracing, and risk exposure assessments
o People who are aware that one of their sexual partners from the past 2 weeks has received a monkeypox diagnosis.
o Gay, bisexual, other men who have sex with men, and transgender people who report any of the following in the past 2 weeks:
Group sex or sex with multiple partners.
Sex at a commercial sex venue or in association with an event, venue, or defined geographic area where monkeypox transmission has been reported.
Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PREP):
• Adults 18 years* and older who meet one of the following criteria:
o Men who have sex with men and have recently had multiple or anonymous sexual partners; OR
o Partners of men who have sex with men who have had multiple or anonymous sexual partners; OR
o Sex workers (of any sex); OR
o Staff (of any sex) at establishments where sexual activity occurs (e.g., bathhouses, saunas, sex clubs).
• Certain healthcare and public health response team members designated by public health authorities to be vaccinated for preparedness purposes according to ACIP guidance.
o At this time, most clinicians in the U.S. and laboratorians not performing the orthopox generic test to diagnose orthopoxviruses, including Monkeypox virus, are not advised to receive monkeypox vaccine PrEP