Healthy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
10 oz short pasta gluten-free if needed, whole wheat, or lentil pasta
1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 tbsp olive oil or use the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes
3–4 garlic cloves minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
8 oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped
3 cups almond milk
2 tbsp gluten-free flour
3 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Pasta: use pasta of choice. Gluten-free, whole wheat, lentil pasta, or chickpea pasta.
- Chicken: we used chicken breast, but you may use boneless thighs. Consider using shrimp instead of chicken if desired.
- Spinach: we recommend using fresh spinach. Frozen spinach can be used but thaw first and drain to remove excess water.
- Use fresh garlic or replace it with 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Cook the pasta al dente since it will cook again with everything else to prevent having soft and soggy pasta.
- Store leftover chicken pasta in a container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.